Photo of Jerry Lawson

Jerry Lawson

Jerry Lawson grew up in a military home lived in various parts of the United States and Europe. For most of his adult life, he struggled with an addiction to prescription medication, mainly opioids and amphetamines. On June 12, 2012, Jerry entered into a rehab facility called the Haven of Rest in Anderson, SC., where he spent 16 months. He is a single father of two amazing daughters and works as an advisor for a local college. Jerry is currently finishing up his Master’s in Licensed Professional Counseling from Liberty University. He hopes to use his experience to help others who are struggling with addiction find true peace and healing.

Posts by Jerry Lawson

Back to blog

A Goodbye Letter to My Addiction

Jerry Lawson ❘

Dear Addiction, saying goodbye to you seems like the hardest thing I’ll ever have to do, and I thought you’d never leave. I'm much better off without you.

Treatment professionals are waiting for your call

(855) 826-4464

Take control of your life

Our treatment providers offer 24/7 assistance.

• Access to top treatment centers
  • Caring, supportive guidance
  • Financial assistance options

Call now:

(855) 826-4464

OR

Have us call you:

(877) 746-0480

Where do calls go?

Calls to numbers on a specific treatment center listing will be routed to that treatment center. Additional calls will also be forwarded and returned by one of our treatment partners below.

All calls are private and confidential. Find out more about Addiction Center.

A treatment facility paid to have their center promoted here. Learn more about how to be featured in a paid listing.