Photo of Kelly Fitzgerald

Kelly Fitzgerald

Kelly Fitzgerald is a sober writer based in Southwest Florida who is best known for her personal blog <a href="http://sobersenorita.com/" rel="nofollow noopener">The Adventures of a Sober Señorita</a>. Her work has been published across the web including sites like The Huffington Post, Thought Catalog, Ravishly, SheKnows, Elite Daily, The Fix, Brit + Co, Addiction Unscripted and AfterPartyMagazine. She is currently writing a memoir.

Posts by Kelly Fitzgerald

Back to blog

5 Ways to Deal with Anxiety when You’re Sober

Kelly Fitzgerald ❘

Many people who suffer from social anxiety use drinking as a coping mechanism. This may ultimately result in alcohol addiction, and possibly worsen anxiety.

5 Myths about Recovery, Debunked

Kelly Fitzgerald ❘

There are a ton of stereotypes and stigma that surround addiction and recovery that need to be dispelled. Here are 5 recovery myths debunked.

Why Alcohol Is the Deadliest Drug

Kelly Fitzgerald ❘

There is a tendency to believe alcohol is ok, not dangerous, and an acceptable form of relaxation, but alcohol is actually the deadliest drug of all.

5 Things to Remember About Sobriety During Holidays

Kelly Fitzgerald ❘

The holidays can bring up a lot for those in recovery. Here are 5 strategies to help you maintain sobriety during the holidays.

5 Ways to Know if You Have a Drinking Problem

Kelly Fitzgerald ❘

If you’re reading this, you might be wondering, how do you know if you have a drinking problem? How do you know if it’s time to stop drinking?

5 Ways Sobriety Translates into Our Everyday Life

Kelly Fitzgerald ❘

Getting sober isn’t just about abstinence from alcohol and drugs. It’s so much more than that. Sobriety translates into our everyday lives.

5 Ways Sobriety Improved My Personal Relationships

Kelly Fitzgerald ❘

Getting sober has countless benefits. We are clear headed and we begin to take a look at negative behavioral patterns in our personal relationships.

5 Alcoholism Red Flags I Ignored

Kelly Fitzgerald ❘

When you’re struggling with alcoholism, denial can be a powerful thing. In my experience, I exhibited many alcoholism red flags that I chose to ignore.

3 Ways to Tell Your Date You’re Sober

Kelly Fitzgerald ❘

Many who are in recovery find that dating sober is very hard in the current dating scene. Here are 3 ways you can let a love interest know.

Treatment professionals are waiting for your call

(855) 826-4464

Take control of your life

Our treatment providers offer 24/7 assistance.

• Access to top treatment centers
  • Caring, supportive guidance
  • Financial assistance options

Call now:

(855) 826-4464

OR

Have us call you:

(877) 746-0480

Where do calls go?

Calls to numbers on a specific treatment center listing will be routed to that treatment center. Additional calls will also be forwarded and returned by one of our treatment partners below.

A treatment facility paid to have their center promoted here. Learn more about how to be featured in a paid listing.